Cat and Dog Boarding in Elkhorn, WI
When you’re planning your travels, it’s important to secure a boarding spot for your pet as soon as possible. At Elkhorn Veterinary Clinic, we welcome both established patients and non-patients to our Cat and Dog Boarding facility in Elkhorn, WI, where our kennel staff are happy to treat your four-legged family member like their own. Give us a call at (262) 723-2644 to learn more.
How We Accommodate Your Cat or Dog During Their Stay
Whether your pet is a seasoned boarder or a first-timer, our team is dedicated to making them feel right at home when they come to stay with us. To keep them comfortable, well-fed, and healthy, we provide:
- Clean kennels and bedding (changed out daily)
- Purina EN, a palatable but plain diet that is easy on the most sensitive stomachs
- At least 3 bathroom breaks a day for dogs
- Boarding for pets that have special medical needs with quick access to a veterinarian if necessary
Planning to board your pet? Request a reservation today.
Are Items Allowed from Home?
You’re welcome to bring some items from home if they are essential to your pet’s health or likely to make their stay more enjoyable. This is especially important for new boarding guests that may need the comforting scent of home to help them relax. You can bring:
- Food (if your pet is on a prescription diet for allergies or other health issues)
- Medications (in their original containers)
- A blanket and a favorite toy
Make sure that all items from home are labeled with your pet’s first and last name, and that food and medications come with clear instructions. Please let us know if you have questions regarding other items you might want to bring.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Hours
What Your Dog and Cat Needs Prior to Boarding
When your pet is under our roof, they’re our responsibility. To keep them and our other boarding guests healthy, we require that dogs and cats be up-to-date with:
Dog Boarding Vaccines
- Rabies, distemper, lepto, Bordetella, and canine influenza vaccinations
- Negative fecal test
Cat Boarding Vaccines
- Rabies and feline distemper vaccinations
- Negative fecal test
Non-patients that will be boarding with us need to come with a copy of their medical records showing that they are up-to-date with their vaccinations and parasite testing. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (262) 723-2644.