July 4th Considerations for your Pets
The 4th of July is an exciting time full of parties and cookouts, boating and fireworks. What we find fun, your pets may find extremely stressful. Here are a few holiday tips to think about before the festivities begin:
- Provide your pet with a quiet, comfortable spot in your home to safely escape all the commotion.
- Keep your pets indoors to prevent them from running away while fireworks are being set off.
- Keep your pets away from all fireworks to prevent them from being burned.
- If your pet is exceptionally afraid or stressed, talk to your veterinarian about medication.
- Avoid tummy upsets – pets and picnic food are not a good combination!
- Be careful of the heat and be on alert for heat stress with your pet.
Here’s to a healthy and happy holiday and summer for you and your pets.